Monday, August 4, 2014

Western Wedding Coordinator


Vintage Earrings: Antique Shop
Watch and Boots(old): TJMaxx
Vintage Designer Silk Scarf: Estate Sale
Pearl Snap Dress: Cavendars
Tights: Target

I tried on this adorable dress waaaaaay back in December.  Hubby said "Buy it!"  I looked at the price tag and said, "I better leave it!"  He still said, "Buy it," but I just couldn't bring myself to spend that much for what it was.

 A couple of weeks ago we were buying boots for the boys, when I happened to see it hanging on the clearance rack for 1/3 of it's original price.  Mine!  All mine!!!!  Hubby said, "Well it's a good thing you didn't listen to me back in December then."  :o)

I waited to wear it until last Saturday for our niece's wedding.  She wore boots with her wedding dress, the flower girls threw hay and petals out of cowboy hats, this dress was perfect!  It was also perfectly comfortable for running around the church in my role as coordinator. :o)

The dress came with a matching checked tie belt, but the wedding colors were Coral and Turquoise so I used my scarf instead.

My tights look a bit more Pepto Bismol Pink than Coral on my screen, so just trust me that they are Coral. :o)  I really wanted to wear lace tights, but couldn't find any the night before the wedding.

I'll leave you with the ONLY photo I was able to snap of the Bride and Groom.  No time for photos when you're coordinating. :o)

JJ




Linking up with Passion for Fashion

 photo 180x180FifButton_zps35920849.png 

12 comments:

  1. Awesome dress!! A few years ago I was a wedding coordinator for just a short while until I lost interest. The first and only wedding I did was a redneck wedding.... seriously.... camouflage tee shirts, jeans and everything. I hated everything about it and I couldn't do anything to persuade them to try something erm, classier because it's THEIR wedding. After that I quit with the wedding stuff. WAY too many people wanting redneck themed weddings here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny! This was my first western wedding to take part in. I haven't had the pleasure of attending a true redneck one...yet. :o)

      Delete
  2. Those are great boots and I really like how you pulled this unique outfit together. Nice to find you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Joni. (What a great name your parents gave you!) I'm off to check out your blog....

      Delete
  3. If you ever get tired of thse boots, send them my way JJ! Love the dress, love the earrings, well love everything.
    hugs
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I just don't know how I could EVER get tired of them dear Lenya. :o)

      Delete
  4. How lucky?! I love when stuff like that happens :) Also, I'm digging what I can see of the wedding - planning sounds like a lot of stress, but a ton of fun!
    Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you love it when that happens?! It makes you feel like it really was meant for you all along.

    ReplyDelete

Comments Welcome :o)